RE: Win32 NT feature that may cause problems.

this is because 'start -> programs' and the desktop etc. all are started
from within explorer, an already running entity.  (the system environment
variable setting doesn't toss the new changes to already running
applications.)  for some reason, that doesn't come through with 'start ->
run'.

i've also found that if i have double indirection in my environment
variables (define variable A, define B in terms of A -- %A%\sub -- and then
use B inside another variable -- such as PATH.  screws up after changes
unless a reboot is done).

   Salman Halim                 Email:  salman@bluestone.com
   If a  man says something  in a  forest, and there  are no
   women around to hear him, is he still wrong?