RE: Scripting FTP transactions ... how?

Thanks all who contributed to solve my problem. I am truly impressed by
the alertness and competence of this forum!

I got suggestions to try the nctfp package (ftp://ftp.ncftp.com/ncftp/),
Perl, Tcl-FTP, and the Win32 FTP client that comes with Windows 9x.

I had already counted Win32 FTP out, since simply running the FTP program
with standard input redirected to a file did not work, and since I did not
get any help when trying `FTP /?'. However, the -s:script option seems
to work like a charm. To get full control of the login sequence one
should also add -n, and the format of the script will then be like

open foo.bar.com
user gates
ePaCsTeN
cd /some/where
dir
quit

So, I will go ahead with Win32 FTP, and if I should hit new problems I
have a bunch of alternatives to try out. Once again, thanks everyone.

--Rabbe Fogelholm, Sollentuna, Sweden