Backspace prob with vim under rxvt

Hello,

Whenever I use vim (any version, currently 5-5 precompiled from
Charles Wilson's site) it works great with one small exception.

If I run it from rxvt (any version I've tried, including precompiled),
I can't get the backspace key to work. The workaround is to use ^H but
that's not my favorite. This happened under cygwin b20.1 and now under
cygwin v1.1. I've tried changing the terminal setting from rxvt to
linux and still no luck.

Note: I haven't seen this behavior on either linux or Solaris so I
thought it might be cygwin-specific.

If anyone knows of a fix, I'd be grateful.

Kevin Wright
Aspect Development
Mountain View, CA