RE: New net release - problems with make and gdb

That was it. Thanks.

After installing the new release, c: was mounted (as /) in binmode, whereas
previously it had been mounted in text mode. Changing the mount back to
textmode allows make to run properly.

Having said all that, I get the impression from this group that I "ought" to
be mounting everything in binmode. Is this correct? If so, why?

Thanks a lot.

Richard Stanton