RE: Cygwin 1.0: Error when launching MSDOS bat file from bash on Wind ows 2000

Chris,

> FWIW, I doubt that attempting to execute .bat files via a cygwin path
> will work correctly since there is no code in cygwin to translate the
> paths for cmd.exe or command.com.

Then, how does cygwin handles the file permissions on those files (documented as follows in C:\Cygwin\html\1_GS\int02.html) ?

> "File permissions
>
> On Windows 95/98 systems, files are always readable, and Cygwin uses the
> native read-only mode to determine if they are writable. Files are considered
> to be executable if the filename ends with .bat, .com or .exe, or if its
> content starts with #!. Consequently, the chmod command can only affect the
> 'w' mode, whereas it silently ignores actions involving the other modes.
> [...]
> "

If the file is executable, it would seem to me logical that one can try to execute it. I do not know cygwin internals but I'm surprised to see that it used to work with Cygwin 1.0 on NT4 and seems to not work under Cygwin 1.0 on Windows 2000.

Guillaume.