Re: //localdriveletter/ broken?

On Sun, May 07, 2000 at 08:17:29PM +0200, Norbert Schulze wrote:
>Chris Faylor wrote:
>> If there is a *backslash* anywhere in that path, however, then that will
>> no longer work in recent snapshots.  We've made the decision that if you
>> have a backslash in your filename you are intending to use MS-DOS syntax
>> which, of course, does not understand the old //x cygwin convention for
>> referencing a disk drive.
>
>makefile:106: //c/Programme/eCos/packages/pkgconf/rules.mak: No such file or directory
>
>As you can see there is no backslash in the path. The file is there I checked it.
>With the snapshot cygwin 2000-May-02 it works, all later fail. I use win2k.
>Perhaps the ENOSHARE patch from Corinna Vinschen has some side effects on win2k?

I just created a "//c/Programme/eCos/packages/pkgconf/rules.mak" file with these
two lines in it:

all:
	echo hello

and then created a makefile with this in it:

include //c/Programme/eCos/packages/pkgconf/rules.mak

and then did this:

make

Everything worked as expected.

If you can isolate this down to a simple failing test case then running
strace on the make session may be instructive:

strace -ostrace.out make -f whatever

This isn't just a case of having \r\n line endings in your makefile, is it?

Btw, since Corinna uses W2K I don't think this is some kind of strange W2K
bug.  I'm using W2K, too, FWIW.

cgf