RE: RE: Question about ls & .cmd files

--- Mark Paulus <mark.paulus@wcom.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.  I was not aware of the PATHEXT env variable.
> But, my question arises from the fact that when you do a 'ls -... --color',
> ..cmd files do not show up with the color specified for files with the
> EXEC attribute.  And if you do a 'ls -al',  files with a .cmd extension
> do not show up as executable....

First, the PATHEXT variable is supplied by default from Windows itself.  Cygwin
merely keeps the variables already set.

Second, rather than complaining about it, find the source in the winsup code
and modify it and submit a patch.  If the patch is significant you will need to
fill out the assignment forms and send them to Cygnus/Red Hat.

Cheers,

=====
---
   Earnie Boyd: <mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com>