Yes. We thought about subscribing cygwin-announce to this mailing list.

You can all stop suggesting that we do the obvious thing with
cygwin-announce and cygwin.

As DJ has already pointed out, our mailing list software doesn't allow
this.  The spam blocking software thinks mail from cygwin-announce to
cygwin is SPAM and doesn't forward it.

In the long-term we'll probably set up some nice software solution for
forwarding everything from one list to the other.

Otherwise, to me, this is a no-brainer.  If you want to be reliably
notified about updates, subscribe to cygwin-announce.

However, we'll also Cc cygwin and we'll probably do a very good job at
it.  I can't *guarantee* that we won't slip up and forget to Cc the
cygwin mailing list, though.

If this uncertainty ties your shorts in a knot, and cuts off the flow of
blood to your brain, then please subscribe to cygwin-announce before you
pass out.

Christopher Faylor
Cygwin Engineering Manager (and developer)
Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat company