RE: Yes. We thought about subscribing cygwin-announce to the cygwin mailing list.

I do; that's the reason why I'm not subscribed to cygwin-announce :-), but
it seems I may have to subscribe to both and start trying to setup a clever
mail reading "macig" rule to eliminate all those double announcments I will
then get ;-|

Note that how it was worded imply that the cross-posting was kind-of
automatic, so no human error involved, except perhaps in the wording :-)

One Idea that worth perhaps very little but is it not possible to create an
user (for example cygwin-announce-forwarder@sourceware.cygnus.com),
subscribe it to cygwin-announce and cygwin (to be able to post there) and
automatically filter it's incoming mail so that mail coming from
cygwin-announce is forwarded to cygwin and any other mail (i.e. cygwin
emails) get trashed...

I agree this is kludgy, but it is the way I personally forward mails here to
people not on the internet.

Regards,

	Bernard

Bernard Dautrevaux