Re: All-clear: ssh/sshd/inetutils work on W9X

No problem.  It's pretty cheesy, but it works for me.
No login - just a password is required.  Put this as
/usr/bin/login and you're all set:

------------------------------

#!/bin/bash
echo -n "Password: "
stty -echo
read PASSWORD
stty echo
case $PASSWORD in
  PWGoesHere) exec bash;;
  *) echo "Invalid password";;
esac

Obviously you'll want to replace PWGoesHere with a
password of your own.  I have been intending to write
a more complex script that greps for the login name in
the /etc/passwd file and then accepts a password,
calls crypt.exe, and compares.  I just haven't gotten
around to it, though.  Maybe this weekend.

Hope that helps!

- Ken.
ken_coleman@iname.com