DLL's ; Import libs ; def files etc ..

    Hi,

Although I saw a lot of problems on this list that look very like mine,
I didn't find a solution.

I have a database program, distributed as an DLL.
The distribution contains also import libraries for
the Borland compiler and the Microsoft compiler.
On top of that it even contains a .DEF file, however with
following constructs in it :

EXPORTS
    _SQLAllocConnect@8
    _SQLAllocConnect = _SQLAllocConnect@8

I created a 'cygnus' def file with the usual manipulations out of
the FAQ.

The problem is that my program generates _SQLAllocConnect@8 calls,
which are linked correctly with the lib generated via dlltool.

The DLL however seems to expect an _SQLAllocConnect call ...

Now I  'solved' the problem by compiling via assembler and change
all _SQL...@.. calls by _SQL... calss. Which seems to work.

I'm pretty sure that there are better solutions. Someone a hint ?

Thanks

Jos