Re: inetutils-1.3.2-2 on Cygwin 1.1.1

First of all, please don't send HTML mail to the mailing list
but plain text messages. Thank you.

> Andrea Malagoli wrote:
> [...]
> I have applied all the necessary modifications to the users accounts
> (the requires
> changes in security settings), and I have checked pretty much most of
> the
> instructions. The results are as follows:
>
> 1) login - works fine.
> 2) telnet - works fine, except that it does not see CYGWIN, and it
> does not
>                source .basrch, so that part of the PATH is not set
> correctly.

Did you install CYGWIN in your system environment? You must
set it in your system environment! If you set it in your user
environment, no cygwin process started via inetd service can
see it and if you set it in some file (eg. .profile or /etc/profile)
it's too late for initializing purposes. That may be a reason for
some of the other problems below.

> 4) rsh - does not work. A call to "rsh localhost ls" returns a "host
> address mismatch"
>            for the machine.

Are you sure that your W2K has a `localhost' entry in
${SYSTEMROOT}/system32/drivers/etc/hosts?

Hope, that helps,
Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen