Re: Cygwin library

> We are planning to use and distribute The Cygwin API library in our
> software. Our software is free but we do not have an open source right now.
> We are planning to have open source for our product in near future (a few
> weeks). What are our options.

If your software is proprietary and built with cygwin, you must either
make your software non-proprietary (GPL or Open Source), or purchase a
proprietary-use license from Cygnus, before you may distribute
built-with-cygwin copies of your application.

> Could we use The Cygwin API library while we are working on the open
> source issues?

You can *use* cygwin for whatever you want.  The GPL requires that you
have that right.  It's *distribution* that the GPL restricts.