ftpd + Win98 = security hole

I have noticed that when running ftpd from inetd, anyone can log in
via anonymous ftp.  Usually the ftpd will chroot to /home/ftp for an
anonymous login, but under win98 chroot does not work.  This
leaves user anonymous with read, write, execute, delete access to
your whole machine.  I tried adding user ftp to /etc/ftpusers, but
this did not prevent the login.  Is there any way to disable
anonymous logins via ftpd?

Thanks,

Tom Weichmann