From: Robert.Rozman@fri.uni-lj.si [mailto:Robert.Rozman@fri.uni-lj.si]
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2000 1:06 PM
To: cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: Problem with old makefiles and bin/text disc. again

Hello,

I've read some older postings regarding problems with makefiles that run
on older cygnus systems and don't on new net release - I've read also
that this is due to binary mount of directories.

Could someone in (ordinary user language) tell the community what has to
be done on new installation with files from "older projects"  to bypass
this annoying problem and this info could be provided also in release
info for upgrading from older versions - the only mentioned procedure is
to unmount all things (no uninstalling mentioned). Few sentences on
upcoming problems when migrating from text to bin mounts could be said.

It's weird when you upgrade system and then you cannot run simple
Makefile and nothing is mentioned about it. At the moment I cannot
compile a single thing of my projects and I'm considering getting old
system back...

Regards,

Robert Rozman
rozman@fri.uni-lj.si