Re: inetutils changes mount table

Vincent_Virgilio@nmss.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have three standard directories in my _system_ mount table.  "net start inetd"
> overwrites the root mount with what looks like a default.  "net stop inetd"
> reveals the original mount.  See below for details.  The latest inetutils
> (login, crypt) did not help this problem.
> [...]

If you examine the HKEY_USERS/.DEFAULT/Software registry
key you will find a "Cygnus Solutions" subkey there.
For some reason you have a root mount point in the
"Cygwin/mounts v2" subkey. I had the same situation
a few months ago but was unable to figure out when (and
why) that happened. I believe it's remaining from a previous
b20 installation, perhaps.

Anyway, you get rid of that phenomenon if you delete that
mount point with RegEdit by yourself.

--
Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Developer