RE: New Cygwin: "commands commence before first target"

On Thursday 25 May 2000 Oliver Nittka wrote:

> "Karr, David" <david.karr@attws.com> writes:
>
> > "make", I get "commands commence before first target".  I believe this
> > has
>
> this may very well be a problem with CRLF line endings. try saving
> your Makefile with LF only (i.e. with nt-emacs), or try mounting
> that directory in textmode (which may, lead to other problems).

We tried the second solution, but it didn't solve the problem.  The
first solution wasn't very attractive, at least for our project.  If
nothing else, it destroys the usefulness of rcsdiff output, unless you
insert some extra plumbing to filter the intermediate copies of the
different versions of the files.  We settled on a third solution,
recommended by several other list members, backing out the cygwin tools
until we can determine whether the next version unbreaks things.

--
Bob Kline