Can not config sshd

Hello,

I am having trouble setting up sshd.  I have followed the directions(
I think) , but no luck.  I have installed ssl, and ssh. I have re-named
sshd.exe to /usr/sbin/in.sshd.exe.  Then I added the following line
to my inetd.conf:

ssh     stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/in.sshd in.sshd -i

Next I created the auth keys and placed them in the appropriate
directories.  The host keys are in /usr/local/etc, and my user keys
are in ~/.ssh.

After starting inetd, I 'ssh localhost', and receive the following error:

Secure connection to localhost refused.

This looks like inetd cannot find in.sshd, or there is some other
problem in the inetd.conf.

Also, I tried in.sshd -d to try to manually start the server, and it
tells me that it can not open /usr/local/etc/ssh_host_keys, but I did
create the keys, and they are in /usr/local/etc.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Tom Weichmann