Re: Need help. Latest snapshot may be next cygwin net release.

"John A. Turner" wrote:

> unfortunately, it does not fix the problems I was seeing - I still have
> to go back to the 5/2 snapshot to get things to work
>
> two manifestations of the problems I see are that cvs keeps thinking I
> need to log in, and makefiles that work with 5/2 and previous suddenly
> do stuff like:
>
> ~/LANL/JTpk/990816/JTpack$ gmake distclean
> : No such file or directoryls
> '.  Stop.ile_diste to make target `../Makeutils
>
> my mount table looks (in part) like this:
>
> ~$ mount
> Device              Directory           Type         Flags
> E:\Local\cygwin\bin  /usr/bin            user         textmode
> E:\Local\cygwin\lib  /usr/lib            user         textmode
> E:\Local\cygwin     /                   user         textmode
> E:\Home             /home               user         textmode
> C:                  /win2k              user         textmode
>
> I tried with /, /usr/bin, and /usr/lib as binmode just for the heck of
> it, and it didn't change anything

ok, changing to the son of snapshot 5/24 did fix both these problems

somewhat interestingly, the cvs problem was *only* fixed if I mounted
/, /usr/bin, and /usr/lib in textmode rather than binmode - my home (and
hence my .cvspass file) are in /home/turner, which is texmode, but the
sandbox in question is in /usr/local - I don't understand the implications
of this, but it doesn't matter too much to me, since I'd rather stay with
textmode mounts anywat - but I thought I'd mention it

thanks,

-John Turner