RE: open motif for cygwin

You should NOT DO THAT.  The same day when MOTIF code was released
by Open Group (OG), I sent them a message on this question.  I was
interested
on porting to Cygwin for Cygwin/XFree project.

OG, Chief Business Executive, wrote me, OpenMOTIF is not free for any
OS which is not open source.  Since Cygwin runs on Windows and Windows
is not Open Source therefore using OpenMOTIF on Windows, regardless of
technology, like Cygwin, you use, would be a violation of OpenMOTIF license.
To use OPenMOTIF and compile using Cygwin, according to him require a
royalty based license, because Windows is OS in this case.

I am mentioning what OG wrote me.  I did forward a copy of his message
to XFree86 developers and LessTif mailing list because similar questions
were asked their.

So if you do not like to get into legal license troubles with
OG, MOTIF use with Cygwin is out of question as OpenGroup wrote me.

Regards
Suhaib