Re: cygwin1-20000527.dll Initialization Error

--- Jason Tishler <Jason.Tishler@dothill.com> wrote:
> When trying to reproduce the problem reported in the "Re: Bug in 'du'
> and 'find'?" email with the latest snapshot, I got the following error
> dialog displayed:
>
> --- Begin of Dialog ---
> bash.exe - Application Error
>
> The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK
> to terminate the application.
> --- End of Dialog ---

This should be almost expected to happen at times since the snapshots are built
automatically and not tested.  The purpose for the snapshots is for people to
test them to see if they work.  If you notice, there are no snapshots for
05-28, 05-29, 05-30 or 05-31, this is because somethings broke in the build
process.  Steps have been taken to correct the problem.  I also received the
above error with this snapshot.  I built and tested 05-31 just to be sure that
the problem is currently fixed and it is, but the build process is still
broken.

> When I backed out to cygwin1-20000525.dll the above problem went away.

This would be the normal workaround if your living on the bleeding edge.

> Even after a reboot, I could not get cygwin1-20000527.dll to initialize
> properly.

Why would you even expect a reboot to take care of the problem?

Regards,

=====
---
   Earnie Boyd: <mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com>