Re: install pb

On Wed, May 31, 2000 at 05:26:29PM -0400, Christophe_Boily@tivoli.com wrote:
>Somehow my install went wrong.  So I de-installed all cygwin, and
>removed some directories that were not automatically remove.  But now
>when I re-run the setup.exe, it skips all the packages...How can I fix
>that ?

Since this was the second bug report that I saw about this, I tried to
duplicate the problem and succeeded.

So, I've put an updated version of setup.exe on
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/latest/ .  This is just a patched version
of setup 1.45.  DJ has been working on improving setup recently but this
doesn't include any of his changes.

This new version of setup should allow you to install regardless of what
version of a package it thinks is on your machine.  Using "setup -u"
will cause the program to notice if there is already a previous version
installed and so will avoid installing anything it thinks is the same
version or older.

To summarize:

setup bash  	- Will install bash from whatever site you choose regardless
		  of the version recorded on your system.

setup		- (no arguments) Will reinstall the whole cygwin release regardless
		  of the version of installed components on your system.

setup -u bash	- Will install a version of bash from whatever site you choose
		  if and only if the version of bash on the site seems to be
		  newer than the version on your system (as previously recorded
		  by setup).

setup -u	- Will install newer versions of any packages on the chosen site
		  which seem to be newer than versions currently on your system
		  (as previously recorded by setup).

This is only an interim version of setup.  You can expect more improvements from
DJ in the coming months.

cgf