Re: Problems with setup.exe

In article <200005312214.SAA15032@envy.delorie.com> you write:

>> 	I know that setup.exe is a work in progress, and have heard
>> that some major re-construction is under way, but I would like to
>> know if there is a fix for this.  Every time I update a package using
>> setup -u foo setup reverts my mount table back to the default, and
>> re-writes cygwin.bat deleting any modifications I have made.
>
>Currently, no.  I have already added a bit that defaults the mount
>mode (text/binary) to the previous mount mode.  What do people *want*
>setup to do, and what are the possible dangers in doing that?

If you are doing a full setup, then it should be free to change the
mount mode. But if you are doing an upgrade, i.e. "setup -u", then
it shouldn't change anything beyond the upgraded packages. IMHO.

Is there going to be a "setup --help" BTW? I'm not sure enough people
know about the existence of "setup -u".

Jifl