Re: New sed in latest

In http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/cygwin/2000-05/msg01160.html
>Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>
>I have uploaded a new version of sed to pub/cygwin/latest/sed
>on sourceware.cygnus.com. <snip>
>
>The new feature of that version is that it reads
>all files always in text mode so that files are
>correctly read when they have dos file endings
>in binary mounted directories as well.

Thanks for the effort Corinna. Although I understand the
reason isn't this pushing it too far? When working on a binary
mounted system I would expect sed to work exactly as on Unix.
Although perhaps rare, aren't there legitimate reasons to want
to keep a \r at the end of a line? Sed is often used in fairly
complicated fashions that may now be broken.
Also, does your change apply to piped stdin?
I would withdraw this comment if there was anything in the sed
documentation to the effect that \r\n is equivalent to \n.

Pierre