Re: New sed in latest

On Thu, 1 Jun 2000 17:48:39 -0400, Chris Faylor <cgf@cygnus.com> wrote:
> You have my guarantee that when the cygwin mailing list is filled with
> the plaintive cries of people who are trying to process their binary <snip>

The current plaintive voices are about a textmode processing bug in the dll.
Masking that bug by making applications like sed ignore \r even on binary
mounted systems is only a reasonable TEMPORARY (band aid) measure.
Until now users mounting binary file systems had the assurance that the
tools would behave as on Unix. That was great, I hope it will come back.
Otherwise do you plan to keep on "fixing" more applications?
awk (for one) is also "broken" by \r\n :

bash-2.04$ awk 'NF > 1' /u/hello.txt
bash-2.04$ mount -b -f u:/ /u
bash-2.04$ awk 'NF > 1' /u/hello.txt
hello