Re: problems with latest Cygwin 1.1

Thank you for your response.  Going through the list, I did find a link to
an updated version of gdb that solved the Insight source loading problem
(will this go into the main distribution soon?).

However, I did not find anything that addresses my main problem of "g++
-mno-cygwin" does not produce working executables.  This does not seem to be
an exception problem as using "-fno-exceptions" makes no difference and the
source uses no exceptions.  The whole test program I was compiling was
simply "main(){}" .  If I compile it with "-g" and use the working gdb on
it, it says the program is dying before main() in "_size_of_stack_reserve__"
.  Interestingly, if I run "cygcheck" against the executable it shows that
it is using "cygwin1.dll" even though I compiled with "-mno-cygwin" .
Clearly there is something wrong with the compiler / linker when C++ and
"-mno-cygwin" are used.  I am running on Windows 2000.  Compiling C using
"gcc" works properly.  Also, Cygwin b20 worked.  Compiling without
"-mno-cygwin" works too.

Does anybody have an idea what my problem is?

Thank you,
Carl Thompson