RE: Patch for g++

> Was your patch for changing the dll search order, Ron?  I must have
> missed it.  I'd be happy to ping people about this, too.

It was a simple little patch that removed -lm from the command line for
collect2/ld when called by g++ for a cygwin target.  There was no need for
the '-lm' and it will cause virtually all C++ programs to die.

I am working on a more complete patch for cases where a g{cc,++} is
explicitly called with -lm, -lc, etc.  The nature of the extended patch is a
change to ld that replaces all references to libs that are symlinks with the
linked-to lib.  This is going to require more work as it involves a patch to
binutils and should only happen for cygwin targets.  Imagine what would
happen to the shared libraries on a UNIX box if this was indescriminantly
applied to all targets.  It could completely mess up using version-numbered
vs. versionless libs.