Re: inetd doesn't work until stopped and restarted

This probably has to do with the order in which Windows System services
are started. e.g. if inetd depends on, say, 'windows socket services'(*)
then if inetd is started at bootup *before* WSS, it'll fail. However,
once the machine is running, then you can restart inetd and it'll work
because WSS is up.

I seem to remember some article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base about
this, and how to resolve it -- but no specifics. Hunt around at
support.microsoft.com.

(*) 'WSS' is an imaginary service I made up. But you get the idea.

--Chuck