mno-cygwin problems - advice needed

I've been trying to figure out what's wrong with the mno-cygwin option for
gcc and hope I can get some additional advice from the list.

Firstly apart from the initial mingw vs mingw32 directory problem (now
fixed), I believe the gcc spec file has an incorrect setting for the mingw
include directory.

I'm new to all this, but I think it should be set to . rather than its
current setting of i686-pc-cygwin

My main problem though is that I've been attempting to get the newer msvcrt
libs to work with cygwin rather than the default crt libs.

Firstly is this possible/done before with say B20.1

Secondly given my limited knowledge I was hoping someone might describe
briefly the differences between crt0.o crt1.o and crt2.o (latter found in
mingw msvcrt build)

Final question concerns the mingw include files.
Comparing the mingw native distribution to the cygwin mingw files I note
that excpt.h is the only file that is considerably different between the
two:

Mingw 'native' msvcrt version:
------------
#ifndef _EXCPT_H
#define _EXCPT_H

/* FIXME: This will make some code compile. The programs will most
   likely crash when an exception is raised, but at least they will
   compile. */
#ifdef __GNUC__
#define __try
#define __except(x) if (0) /* don't execute handler */
#define __finally

#define _try __try
#define _except __except
#define _finally __finally
#endif

#endif
Cygwin mingw include is far longer but includes a lot of Intel-specific code
originally written by Colin Peters for Mingw.
/usr/include/mingw32/excpt.h

Since the rest of the files seem identical as code (other than the cvs
checkout comments) I was curious about this change.

Any insights appreciated

Paul Baxter