Re: Insufficient memory for latest setup.exe

I haven't heard anything since I posted this 10 days ago. I still can't get
setup to work. (I even downloaded a fresh copy of setup.exe today.)
I have 256M of memory, plenty of disk space (2G free), so what type of memory
is setup running out of?
Norton System Doctor says that I have 290M of Commit Memory free.

Please help!
Steve Kelem

Steve Kelem wrote:

> I downloaded the latest (today) setup.exe, placed it in an empty directory,
> and ran it from an NT Command Prompt tool.
> It says:
>
> C:\My Download Files\Cygnus>.\setup -u cygwin
>
> This is the Cygwin setup utility (v1.43),
> built on May  2 2000 01:00:30.
>
> Use this program to install the latest version of the Cygwin Utilities from
> the Internet.
>
> Alternatively, if you already have already downloaded the appropriate files
> to the current directory (and subdirectories below it), this program can use
>
> those as the basis for your installation.
>
> If you are installing from the Internet, please run this program in an empty
>
> temporary directory.
>
> Insufficient memory.
>
> I also tried running it from bash and tcsh with similar problems.
> I have Cygnus 1.0 (CD).  I've run an older version of setup about a
> month ago and it worked ok.
> My machine is a dual Pentium III 550 running Win NT 4.0 SP6a.
>
> Any idea what's wrong?
>
> Thanks,
> Steve Kelem

begin:vcard
n:Kelem;Steve
tel;fax:408-399-8905
tel;work:408-335-2718
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.adaptivesilicon.com
org:Adaptive Silicon, Inc.
adr:;;985 University Ave., Suite 31;Los Gatos;CA;95032-7639;U.S.
version:2.1
email;internet:kelem@adaptivesilicon.com
title:Chief Scientist
fn:Steve Kelem