RE: all commands start up sloooooow......

Hey,
I experience this behaviour as well. Every time I execute, e.g. a simple
'ls' it seams as if some networking is done. This also happens if I try to
start notepad from inside Bash. (My dial-up monitor flashes).

And for me, this is very noticable, because I'm using a dial-up connection.
My NT-logon goes via this dial-up connection, i.e. I'm not logged in
locally.

What is happening? Some kind of authentication?

Regards,
/norling