Re: Testing a freshly built cygwin1.dll

To check a cygwin1.dll, run "make check" in the winsup/cygwin
directory.  If that works, install everything *but* the dll (if you
can).  Then, close down all bash windows (so no cygwin program is
running), save your old dll, and copy the new dll to *all* the places
where the old dll was (there are seven on my machine).  Then start up
a bash window and see what happens (or better, run a cygwin program
from within an ms-dos window).

I have a batch file I use to copy various DLLs to all the places they
need to go, and I've got shortcuts on the desktop to invoke them.
Yes, I do this a lot :-)

The "shared region is corrupt" message just means you have two
different versions of cygwin1.dll running on your machine at one time.