Problems building autoconf

Hi all,

[extract of "Re: Autoconf binary package."]
> > > Try http://cygutils.netpedia.net/V1.1/autoconf-2.13/
> > Also note, autoconf requires perl.
> No, it's automake which requires perl.
[/extract]

I have been having problems building autoscan. The autoconf ./configure
script does not seem to be detecting my perl installation (the log is pasted
below). Is this just a configuration problem or something more serious?
Apologies if the former but I have tried the archives and rtfm'd :)

bash-2.04$ pwd
//e/autoconf-2.13
bash-2.04$ ./configure
checking for gm4... (cached) /usr/bin/m4
checking for mawk... (cached) gawk
checking for perl... (cached) no
configure: warning: autoscan will not be built since perl is not found
checking for a BSD compatible install... (cached) /usr/bin/install -c
creating ./config.status
creating Makefile
creating testsuite/Makefile
bash-2.04$ perl --version
This is perl, v5.6.0 built for cygwin

Copyright 1987-2000, Larry Wall

Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License or
the
GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5.0 source kit.

this system using `man perl' or `perldoc perl'.  If you have access to the
Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.com/, the Perl Home Page.

bash-2.04$

Regards,
Alastair.