Fwd: Re: New on sourceware: vim-5.7-4

I thought that there was/is a version of Tk for Win32s.  This would imply
that gvim does NOT need X, but should be able to be run under
native Micro$haft Winblows.

On Wed, 12 Jul 2000 05:17:23 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

>As info, gvim is not functional --
>
>$vi -g
>$GUI cannot be used: Not enabled at compile time
>
>would it be possible to add this?
>also gvimdiff yield the following output:

I have had thoughts about this. Of course, it works, but you will have
to have a X-Server running in order to use gvim. Right now neiter a
x-server nor the x-libraries are part of the distribution in latest.
The libraries are available on sourceware in /pub/cygwin/xfree/* and
the X-server in there also seems to work.

But all this is not in the current cygwin, so I decided to keep all
the X11 stuff out of the distribution.

If you want gvim, compile it from source, instructions to do so are
included in the distribution.

If there is a public demand for gvim I will compile it and send it to
the maintainer of the xfree directory.