From: Chris Faylor [mailto:cgf@cygnus.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 19 July 2000 1:43 PM
To: cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: Extending cygwin's process table

I am planning on revamping cygwin's process table for version 1.1.4.
I hope to make process creation a little faster and to also allow many
more cygwin processes.

I'm also toying with trying to more closely tie cygwin pids to windows
pids.

Is anyone going to be bothered if pid creation is not monotonic?  By
that I mean, parent pid 1000 may not create child pid 1001.  It may
create child pid 27.

It may still not be feasible to use cygwin pids as windows pids
(possibly because I don't believe that pid 1 is special to windows) but
I thought I'd give this a try anyway unless there is something that I'm
missing.

cgf