Re: Couple of nits about Cygwin

DJ Delorie <dj@delorie.com> wrote:

> >  1. When you start a bash shell, the cursor flashes at a reasonable
> > rate, but when you start typing it generally disappears from view.
>
> Found it.  WriteFile() to the console causes the cursor to dissapear
> for a bit.  Setting the cursor position makes it show up again.  Try
> the attached patch (I'll try it myself later, but the machine is in
> the middle of a big build I don't want to interrupt).

Aha! Excellent stuff!

Unfortunately I only just re-installed Cygwin again and I don't have
a build environment set up so I can't try the patch myself. It looks
like Chris Faylor made a few changes also to clean it up.

I assume this will make it into the next public DLL build? Any idea
when that would be? I might try apply Chris's patch on my system to
see if I can get it all to build myself.

Regards,

|   SciTech Software - Building Truly Plug'n'Play Software!     |
| Kendall Bennett          | Email: KendallB@scitechsoft.com    |
| Director of Engineering  | Phone: (530) 894 8400              |
| SciTech Software, Inc.   | Fax  : (530) 894 9069              |
| 505 Wall Street          | ftp  : ftp.scitechsoft.com         |
| Chico, CA 95928, USA     | www  : http://www.scitechsoft.com  |