pthreads

On Wednesday 26 Jul 00, Keith Jackson writes:
> Forgive me if this has been discussed. I tried searching the archives, but
> only found vasty out of date information
>
> Basically, I'm looking for info on pthread support in cygwin.

I *just* updated the FAQ entry about threading.  It now says (at
<http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/faq/faq_5.html#SEC57>):

	Multi-thread-safe support is turned on by default in 1.1.x
	releases (i.e., in the latest net release). That does not mean
	that it is bug free!

	There is also limited support for 'POSIX threads', see the
	file cygwin.din for the list of POSIX thread functions
	provided.

> Last time I tried to port my app into cygwin from my linux box, it was
> hopeless, this was some years ago. I recently tried again, and it appears
> all that is lacking is pthread_cancel and pthread_join.

The 1.1.2 version of cygwin.din lists pthread_join but not pthread_cancel.
(Sorry, that's all I know.)

Cheers,
David