Re: Couple of nits about Cygwin

On Fri, Jul 28, 2000 at 11:39:57PM +1000, Robert Collins wrote:
>I saw it with bash, and vim but Chris's fix fixed it for me

I can't take credit for the fix. DJ figured it out.

The loss of cursor has been a problem with cygwin for some time.

I probably aggravated the problem when I changed console input to
be more UNIX-like, allowing CTRL-D to terminate input, and getting
stty commands to work.

When you type a bunch of characters, the cursor disappears for a time.
I saw this on Windows 2K under ash.  I was specifically looking for this
because I was going to investigate a readline alternative, myself.

Of course, fixing readline doesn't solve the problem for programs that
don't use readline.  DJ's patch seemed to be the most generic fix for
the problem.

Of course, I'm not seeing any irritating cursor behavior, either.

cgf

cgf@cygnus.com                        Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat company
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/         http://www.redhat.com/