internet setup

Hi

How can I tell the setup program to ignore the proxy settings in ie5 and use a direct connection.

The dialog box displays options for User IE5 Settings, Direct Connection and Use HTTP/FTP proxy, only Use IE5 Settings is selectable, the others are greyed out.

Setup seems to ignore my IE5 settings anyway.  I turned off proxy use (and deleted the settings) so that my dialup connection would be used, but the setup program never directs its requests down the phone line, and comes up with a message saying Username authentication is required..., whether or not I enter a username and password.

Al Slater

Support Supervisor
Stanton Consultancy
al.slater@scluk.com