Re: _argc & _argv

On 1 Aug 2000, at 21:26, the Illustrious DJ Delorie wrote:

> > 	More specifically, is argc, argv defined with or w/o leading
> > underscores for Cygwin when it comes to defining them for a
> > main() routine?
> >
> >    csMain (argc, argv); (Cygwin?)
>
> They're parameter names.  You can call them anything you want.
> You could call them "quagmire" and "felicity" if you want.

	Ok...now that it has been made fundamentally clear that I can't
pull teeth from a hen...let me once again rephrase the
question...

	What is the "internal representation" of argc, argv for Cygwin?

	For mingw32 it is as follows:

	(excerpt from stdlib.h)

/*
 * This seems like a convenient place to declare these variables, which
 * give programs using WinMain (or main for that matter) access to main-ish
 * argc and argv. environ is a pointer to a table of environment variables.
 * NOTE: Strings in _argv and environ are ANSI strings.
 */
extern int	_argc;
extern char**	_argv;

	What is used for Cygwin?  Cygwin does mean Cygnus for Win32,
does it not?

	Thanks,

		Paul G.

Nothing real can be threatened.