cygwin/usr/info directory is missing dir file

On Tuesday 8 Aug 00, Robert Mecklenburg writes:
> The info index file dir is missing from cygwin/usr/info.  Here is a
> hacked up version.  Do with it as you will...

The FAQ already has this entry.  Is there something else I can write
that would be more helpful?

***	info error "dir: No such file or directory"

	Cygwin packages install their info documentation in the
	/usr/info directory. But you need to create a dir file there
	before the standalone info program (probably /usr/bin/info)
	can be used to read those info files. This is how you do it:

		bash$ cd /usr/info
		bash$ for f in *.info ; do install-info $f dir ; done

	This may generate warnings:

		install-info: warning: no info dir entry in `gzip.info'
		install-info: warning: no info dir entry in `time.info'

	The install-info command cannot parse these files, so you will
	have to add their entries to /usr/info/dir by hand.

David