NTemacs autodetect cygwin and understand cygwin mounts

Recently I posted to the emacs newsgroups a pointer to a web page with my
emacs setup.  Using my setup, NTemacs autodetects if it's running under
cygwin and does some configuration.  The big thing is that it understands
cygwin mount points.

I've attached that announcement.

Last week, someone else posted some elisp that makes NTemacs understand
cygwin symlinks.  I haven't looked at that yet, but it's in the
gnu.emacs.sources newsgroup as a followup to my post of cygwin-mount.el.

Feedback welcome.  Many thanks to the original authors of cygwin-mount
(which I originally found on the cygwin mailing list).

enjoy,

-jeff

[crossposted to gnu.emacs.sources and gnu.emacs.help.
 Followups set to gnu.emacs.help.]

After seeing interest in my modified version of cygwin-mount, I've finally
made the time to post some more stuff that's useful for cross-platform
environments.  At

  http://www.cs.unc.edu/~juliano/my_emacs_files/

 (our web server seems to be messed up.  Please manually click on the file
  the-README-file.)

I've placed my .emacs file and my site-start.el file.  Together, they
address a few cross-platform issues.  Namely:

 * my .emacs file works on all three platforms as-is.  Same .emacs file
   everywhere.

 * Auto-detects if unix, cygwin, or non-cygwin windows, and does things
   appropriate to the particular platform.

 * Loads cygwin-mount only if emacs was run from cygwin.  Uses INFOPATH
   and cygwin-mount to set the info search path to find the cygwin info
   stuff.

 * Addresses the problem that NTemacs doesn't have a shared site-lisp
   directory on its default auto-list path.

 * Printing stuff, shell stuff, etc., tailored to the platform.

Feel free to use any of this.  Since my emacs setup is a moving target, I
thought it more appropriate to post a URL than the actual files.  I don't
claim that any of it is advanced, but I hope someone finds it useful
anyway.  I'm open to suggestions and criticism.

Enjoy,

-jeff