Re: Cool man, just groovy.

At 10:23 AM 8/28/2000, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>--- Jason Tishler <Jason.Tishler@dothill.com> wrote:
> > Earnie,
> >
> > On Fri, Aug 25, 2000 at 10:31:06AM -0700, Earnie Boyd wrote:
> > > I've recently been using Bub's rxvt with bash.  I've a wheeled trackball
> > for my
> > > pointing device.  I had a file I need to insert a line of data that I was
> > > reading from Outlook.  I selected the line in Outlook, opened my file in
> > vim,
> > > went to the bottom of the file, opened a new line and clicked on the wheel.
> > > my amazement my data was inserted into my file. :)
> >
> > Yes, the middle "button" just simulates a shift-left-button.  This also
> > works on a MS IntelliMouse and Wheel Mouse.  My guess is that this works
> > on many other 3 button devices, too.
> >

>You missed my point.  I can copy from a Non-Cygwin program into a Cygwin based
>vim.  But, only if I'm executing it from rxvt.  This is without Chuck Wilson's
>/dev/clipboard addition.
>
>Cheers,
>
>=====
>---
>    Earnie Boyd: <mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com>
>             __Cygwin: POSIX on Windows__
>Cygwin Newbies: <http://gw32.freeyellow.com/>
>            __Minimalist GNU for Windows__
>   Mingw32 List: <http://www.egroups.com/group/mingw32/>
>     Mingw Home: <http://www.mingw.org/>

Maybe I missed your point too but I'll point out that I've been able to
copy and paste between non-cygwin and cygwin (console) applications for
years so long as "QuickEdit Mode" was enabled in the console properties
(on NT-based systems anyway.)  I don't know if the technique you've
discovered is related to that or not.  I have no experience with trying
to copy and paste to non-console cygwin apps from non-cygwin apps though.