Re: dll error

> I just downloaded Cygwin by clicking on "Install Cygwin Now" on the
> website.  I've tried it 3 times now, and everytime, I click on the
> Cygwin shortcut on my desktop, and I get the error message, "A
> required .DLL file, CYGWIN1.DLL, was not found."  Please help me!!
> Thank you.

In your cygwin install directory, there should be a "bin" subdirectory.
In there should be bash.exe and cygwin1.dll.

Also in your cygwin install directory is an "etc" subdirectory.  Look
at the file etc/setup/installed.db, and make sure it lists both bash
and cygwin.

When you run setup, one of the windows says "select packages to
install" (or something like that).  Make sure bash and cygwin are
listed as either "keep" (meaning already installed) or with a version
number (meaning to be installed, in which case, install it).