Re: Mount problems (was RE: SSHD: works from command line, but not from INETD)

Richard,

search for a registry key

	HKEY_USERS/.DEFAULT./Software/Cygnus Solutions/Cygwin/mount v2

Erase it. Then you shouldn't see those mount points anymore.

Corinna

Richard Stanton wrote:

> This is odd. When I run "net start inetd", all my old mappings come back,
> even if I've previously deleted them!
>
> For example,
>
> c:\4nt>mount
> Device              Directory           Type         Flags
>
> [...]
>
> \\.\tape1:          /dev/st1            user         textmode
> \\.\a:              /dev/fd0            user         textmode
> \\.\b:              /dev/fd1            user         textmode
> c:                  /                   user         textmode
> c:                  /                   system       textmode
>
> OK. Now delete the user "/" mount:
>
> c:\4nt>umount /
> umount: /: No such file or directory
>
> Oops. That didn't work (and I have no idea why). However, there's a way to
> do it. Just redo the mount:
>
> c:\4nt>mount -f c: /
>
> c:\4nt>umount /
>
> c:\4nt>mount
> Device              Directory           Type         Flags
>
> [...]
>
> \\.\tape1:          /dev/st1            user         textmode
> \\.\a:              /dev/fd0            user         textmode
> \\.\b:              /dev/fd1            user         textmode
> c:                  /                   system       textmode
>
> Yup. the mount has gone.
>
> Now stop and restart inetd:
>
> c:\4nt>net stop inetd
> The CYGWIN inetd service is stopping.
> The CYGWIN inetd service was stopped successfully.
>
> c:\4nt>net start inetd
> The CYGWIN inetd service is starting.
> The CYGWIN inetd service was started successfully.
>
> and see what mounts exist:
>
> c:\4nt>mount
> Device              Directory           Type         Flags
>
> [...]
>
> \\.\tape1:          /dev/st1            user         textmode
> \\.\a:              /dev/fd0            user         textmode
> \\.\b:              /dev/fd1            user         textmode
> c:                  /                   user         textmode
> c:                  /                   system       textmode
>
> It's back again! The same happens for all the user mounts. I have no idea
> what's going on!
>
> Richard Stanton
>
> --

Cygwin Developer                        mailto:cygwin@sources.redhat.com