Re: some keys not working on bash/cygwin

>Hi folks...
>
>I am not getting some keys like ", `, ' , ^  and others...
>
>as everybody that uses Un*x like shells, these are very important keys...
>
>My keyboard is a 101 US international, Win98 English with support for
>English US and Portuguese BR languages...(but the layout still a 101 US
>international...)
>
>damn...I am almost crazy about it :-)
>
>see ya,
>
>dcc6hs@joinville.udesc.br

", `, ' , ^, ~ are "dead" keys with the US international keyboard layout.
They are used to build accented characters like ï, à, é, ô, ñ, ç... You
need to type "<space> to have the " itself, etc.

Hope this helps.

André Bleau, ing., analyste
email: bleau at courriel dot polymtl dot ca
(Fight SPAM: encode your email-address)

Département de génie électrique et         Electric Engineering and
de génie informatique                      Computer Engineering department
École Polytechnique de Montréal            Montreal Polytechnic School