Registry Access [Was Re: DLL naming conventions]

<big-snip/>
Egor Duda wrote:

> i  looked at uwin, but on totally different subject. i wanted to know
> how    they   implement  setuid(). yesterday i've installed it and see
> that it has it's own quirks. for example,

> $ mkdir /reg/current_user/Software/Foo
> $ echo 123 >/reg/current_user/Software/Foo/bar
> $ cat /reg/current_user/Software/Foo/bar
> =0x7b
>
> surprise!

Writing to the registry is rather more analogous to writing to a device (viz. File)-
the format and content of what you write has immediate and possibly nasty
side effects.
--
David A. Cobb, Software Engineer, Public Access Advocate
"Don't buy or use crappy software"