RE: problem with dynamic_cast

> Quite true.  -lm and -lc are not necessary with Cygwin.  The support for
> them are in the Cygwin DLL/lib which is linked in automatically.  Linking
> with it twice (or more) guarantees a crash.  The simple answer is, don't
> us -lm or -lc with Cygwin.

Dear Larry,

I don't think that's a viable solution. One of the important benefits  of
cygwin is to be able to part programs from Unix to Windows. Now you might
not be using numeric C++ packages, but lots of other people do. We do not
want to go and change all Makefiles, do we ?

Also, providing the patch would prevent other people having to waste 4 days
with tracking the bug. Ok, somebody will have to waste time to install the
patch of course, but I think in the end it's worth it, especially as I won't
be the one installing the patch :-).

Kris