AW: I'm new in cygwin: how to mmap?

Thank you for your fast reply Corinna!

I found the mail list address in the README on the ftp whre I download
cygwin.

I'm now a member of the cygwin group. :-)

when I try to port my software there was no problem with mmap() but
open("/dev/mem", ...); fails because there is no "/dev/mem".

mmap() can do different things depending on what open file descriptor
is passed to mmap().

There is no problem with permissions because I change /dev/mem in LINUX to
user rw
and I can do the same with the winobj \device\PhysicalMemory (Tool:
winobj.exe)

I have also sample code to map NT kernal memory to user-space
( like LINUX: /dev/kmem ) but it is stille more complicated to get physical
0xD0000
I need some HalTranslateBusAddress() ..

I hope that cygwin can emulate the open("/dev/mem") in combination with
mmap().

Any help?

Ruediger