Re: Cygwin with Syntax TAS

At 10:48 AM 9/15/2000, Zhiguang Qian wrote:
>Hi, There:
>
>I have trouble with cygwin bash on TAS exported NFS system. The symptom
>is that ls give me nothing and I have to use ls with filename to list
>it. In dos mode, I can dir the TAS exported NFS system but not in
>cygwin.
>

>FYI, TAS (TotalNet Advanced Server) can map Unix NFS to Microsoft shared
>filesystem. The vendor is Syntax.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Zhiguang Qian
>Cisco Systems Inc.

Hi Zhiguang,

Given that your problem is related to interaction with a particular product
and the fact that most users on this list don't have access to this product
(and even less likely is that any folks in the core development group have
access to this product), its not too likely that you'll find allot of
analysis done on this issue by other members of this list.  I'm not trying
to be snide here.  I just want to set your expectations.  I can say that this
is not generally a problem of NFS servers.  You're best bet for an answer is
to try to analyze the problem more yourself, since you do have the proper
environment.  Alternatively, you can wait for some answer from this list.
I just don't want you to get too frustrated if some helpful response isn't
readily forth-coming.

Good luck!